Dissenting at your own risk

Current events, politics, and more.
ect
Rage against the neocrazies
Rage against the neocrazies

Post by ect » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes this is a repeat, said many times here by Ry and others, but the information is slowly dripping into the mainstream. The ADL/AIPAC and the entire nexus may have the money and power to intimidate, but they don't have the truth.

Last year, I agreed to speak to a Jewish youth group about my organization, Jewish Voice for Peace, and our opposition to Israel's occupation. My talk was to follow one from a member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, which calls itself "America's pro-Israel Lobby."

A week before, a shaken program leader said the AIPAC staffer had threatened to get the entire youth program's funding canceled if I was allowed in the door. The threat worked, and in disgust, they canceled the whole talk.

[..]

Many groups that started with the important work of fighting real anti-Semitism now rely on anti-Semitism to insist that to show one's love of Jews, one must offer uncritical support to Israel. They are especially displeased by Jews who believe that enabling Israeli violations of Palestinian human rights is not good for anyone.

Unless this atmosphere of intimidation is confronted, Americans will continue to lack access to information and perspectives necessary to formulate effective Middle East policies, virtually ensuring that Israel and the United States will be at war for many years to come.

'The Israel Lobby'

A podcast of Walt and Mearsheimer's presentation is available at http://podcast.dfwworld.org/2007_09-17_ ... _Lobby.MP3.
''the infant is not bold without divine aid''